Thursday, October 27, 2011

my sister's tea towels

I have a dear sister, who although she lives many miles away from me, has always been supportive of all my homemaking endeavors. In March, when she was down for a visit, she made it known that she really, really liked my handwoven tea towels. So because Miriam and Ryan have a Mexican themed/coloured kitchen, I thought these colourful towels would be an apt 'thank-you'.
 I can't wait to get them off the loom, hemmed and washed!

 The warp is all ready to go..........


 Great colours for drying dishes, don't you think?

Evidence that I really did the weaving!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh!!! Awesome colours! That tea towel will be perfect in a Mexican themed kitchen. And, yes, drying dishes with those colours would make dishes exciting!! I love my blue and white tea towel :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, just recently came across your blog. FYI: the towels are awesome, the colours fit the house/decor, they are so thirsty, and are still looking as bright as when I first received them. thanks again, so much.

    ReplyDelete